The scholarly collections of the Museum Department of the Under and Tuglas Literature Center are located at Väikese Illimari 12, in Tallinn. In addition to the cultural history collections initiated by Friedebert Tuglas, the collection has been expanded by the addition of Marie Under and Artur Adson`s collections, and the art and cultural history collections of Estonian cultural figures from abroad. Another component consists of materials on cultural events that have taken place at the Museum since 1976. The goal of maintaining the scholarly collection is the preservation of the collections held at the Museum Department of the Under and Tuglas Literature Centre, the improvement of conditions of their use, and making it simpler for researchers to use the material. In 2004—2008 the collection of the Museum Department of the Under and Tuglas Literature Centre was funded by the state financing programme „Humanities and Natural Sciences Collections.“ From 2009 on, the Literature Centre`s cultural history have been funded by the Ministry of Education and Research, from sums allocated for the preservation of scholarly collections.

Eduard Wiiralt. Birth of a wood engraving, 1936. Graphic art. Under and Tuglas Literature Centre, UTKKK86

Project Leader

  • Elle-Mari Talivee, Senior Researcher and Head of Museum Department, PhD

 

Team Members

  • Hegely Klaus, Senior Treasurer, MA (from November 2019)
  • Urve Sulg, Databases Administrator (from April 2017)
  • Jüri Hain, Curator, Consultant
  • Marianne Lind, Senior Treasurer (May 2018 – October 2019)
  • Ilona Rosenvald, Senior Treasurer (until April 2018)